Encore Performers originated in 1996 by professional performer and award winning choreographer, Raynor van der Merwe. From Jazz, Tap, Ballet and Pointe to Modern, Hip Hop, Pop & Lock, Contemporary, Broadway Buddies, and Musical Theatre, the objective of Encore Performers is to produce versatile well rounded students proficient in all areas of dance. Our Alumni have achieved numerous performing credits (Radio City Rockettes, National and Regional Musical Theatre Productions, etc.) in addition to becoming scholars, scientists, teachers, choreographers, healthcare workers, and many more. Proof that investing in their dance education provides students with the personal discipline and commitment required to master any number of professions.
We have programs to suit every level of dance. Whether a toddler or a teen taking their first steps on the dance floor or a more seasoned performer, wishing to advance their dance education, we have the class and level for you! Our excellent faculty is dedicated to providing a quality dance education to their students in a nurturing environment. We have recently expanded both our facility and our faculty to meet your growing needs.
- The Studios’ climate controlled dance rooms feature suspended sprung floors to protect developing joints.
- Our Teachers are experts in their field. Proper form, control and technique are taught with enthusiasm and respect from our skilled faculty.
- We are dedicated to quality instruction in a nurturing environment.
Encore Performers supports all levels of dance.
- Children’s classes are offered from age four and will progress from levels one through five. Dancers will develop skills, discipline and technique as well as age appropriate choreography culminating in the end of year recital performances in June.
- Teen classes (age 12-18) for beginners through advanced dancers, are not only for the teen student wishing to advance their skills and technique, but also for the teen just discovering the world of dance. Contact us for guidance in selecting the appropriate classes.
- Encore Performers specializes in training dancers for professional careers in dance and theatre. The pre-professional program, Encore Theatrical Arts Project, (ETAP) is the not-for-profit resident performing arts company based here at Encore Performers. With performing opportunities both locally and abroad, ETAP is the training resource for those seeking to enter the professional world of dance and theatre. Placement for the ETAP performing arts company is by audition and invitation. Contact us to schedule an audition appointment.